How to Find Out Your Skin Type
How to Find Out Your Skin Type
Our skin is the largest organ in our body, and it shields our body from infections and other harmful substances. Skin conveys a lot about our lifestyle and how it affects our health, so skincare is extremely necessary. But the first step in skincare is doing research on how to find out your skin type.
Our skin's health is influenced by things like what we do, consume, and work, in addition to the environments we are exposed to on a daily basis. As our skin protects us, dirt and other dangerous elements stick to it. In this blog, you will learn all about how to find out your skin type.
Why you should know your skin type?
Knowing your skin type before you begin to care for your skin is essential since each type has a different routine. By being aware of your skin type, you can choose the best skin care products for your skin type. You may then develop a skincare routine that is most effective for you based on that.
How to Find Out Your Skin Type? Different Techniques to Determine Skin Type
Your skin type may vary over time as a result of a number of variables, including aging, hormonal changes, environmental irritants, and health problems. You can know how to find out your skin type by testing your skin in some simple ways.
For instance, young people are more likely than elderly people to have normal skin types. Try this as you’ll know how to find out your skin type, as skin types vary depending on factors such as:
- Hydration Habit. The comfort and suppleness of your skin are impacted by the amount of water that is present.
- Genetics/Heredity. Your genes may have an effect on your skin as someone in your family may have had a skin type that you inherited.
- Eating Habits. Your skin is also influenced by the foods you consume, fast food, oily, not enough diet, or too much of it.
- Stress Level. The amount of stress you undergo has an impact on your skin as well as your health.
You may be wondering how in the world you'll ever be able to tell the difference between all of these many skin types. But don't worry. Your skin type may be identified in a simple way. There are various ways to determine your skin type. They are:
Dab/Wipe your face. Wait an hour after washing your face before using a tissue to pat your T-zone (the forehead, nose, and chin). Inspect the tissue to see if any oil has rubbed off on it.
Examine the texture of your skin. Depending on your skin type, it will feel different as you examine the texture of your skin.
Look in the mirror. Your face may be covered in red, flaky areas, or your entire face may be shiny, depending on your skin type.
- Take a look at your pores. Your pores will be noticeable but not particularly large if you have regular skin, not much in other skin types.
- Blotting Sheet method. Blotting sheets can help absorb more sweat and oil and can also aid in the prevention of breakouts. With the amount of blotting paper that absorbs, you can tell what type of skin you have.
- Squeeze/Pinch your skin. Pinch your skin to know its type. Dry or combined skin will quickly crease once pressure is applied, whereas oily skin will feel smooth.
- Consult a dermatologist. Your dermatologist can answer any questions you have about your skin if you're still unsure of what type of skin you have.
Every skin is different. Therefore, it is important to know all the types of skin. Several criteria are used to classify the different types of skin. However, from a cosmetic point of view, skin is classified according to several factors related to its balance:
The different skin types are:
Dry Skin: Know Your Skin Type
Dry skin is frequently dull and can become dry, flaky, or even scaly. It commonly seems tighter and less elastic, and it can be more likely to have more noticeable lines. You could also get itchy or uncomfortable from it.
Normal Skin: Know Your Skin Type
Normal skin has a balanced sensation; it is neither dry nor oily. It is not easily prone to breakouts, flakiness, slickness, or tightness. The skin is less sensitive and prone to blemishes, has a smooth texture, and has few pores.
Oily Skin: Know Your Skin Type
The skin feels greasy and appears glossy due to an excess of sebum generated by oily skin, especially around the T-Zone (forehead, nose, and chin). Your chances of getting acne breakouts, clogged pores, and acne blemishes may increase if you have oily skin.
Sensitive Skin: Know Your Skin Type
Although sensitive skin is frequently mentioned as a skin type, sensitive skin can be any kind of skin: oily, dry, or normal in texture. Your skin may be red and feel like it's burning, itching, or dry if you have sensitive skin, regardless of the type of skin you have.
Combination Skin: Know Your Skin Type
The T-Zone is frequently oily, whilst the cheekbones are either dry or normal, and combination skin contains both dry and oily spots.
Skin Care Tips According to Your Skin Type
As you know how to find out your skin type, it's time to take care of your skin. Some of the skincare tips are:
- Protect yourself from the sun. Use sunscreen, carry an umbrella, or wear protective long-sleeved clothes.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking causes your skin to look old and contributes to wrinkles, as well as making it droopy and loose.
- Treat your skin lightly. Limit your bath time; shave carefully; avoid using soaps and products that don’t suit your skin; pat when it's wet instead of rubbing a towel all over your skin and never forget to moisturize your skin.
- Eating Healthy Diets. Eat healthy diets such as green vegetables, fruits, fish, grains, and other nutrients.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated, it gives your skin a healthy glow.
- Manage your stress. Managing your stress gives your skin a healthy glow, a youthful look and also avoids the chance of wrinkles.
What do you observe when you first glance at someone? It's their face, and it doesn't look nice when it's cracked, dry, or overly greasy. All you need is to know how to find out your skin type and then take good care of your skin with the proper skincare routine.
There are various ways to know your skin type, along with the skincare routine that comes after. If you’re still having problems knowing your skin type, get in touch with Dream Skin Aesthetics.
What is the different skin type?
The different skin type are:
How to know if I have oily skin or dry skin?
If you know how to find out your skin type, then wait an hour before you wash your face. After an hour, rub your forehead and nose with a tissue to see if any oil has gone off. If it did, that is a sign that you have oily skin. If there isn't enough oil yet but your skin feels tight and dry, you may have dry skin.
What are the different skin care tips?
There are various tips for skin care. They include:
Protect yourself from the sun
Keep yourself hydrated
Manage your stress
Treat your skin lightly
Eating healthy diet
How to find out your skin type?
There are different ways of knowing how to find out your skin type. By patting or wiping your skin with a tissue and using blotting paper methods to see how much oil and perspiration your skin generates, by checking yourself in the mirror, examining the size of your pores, and checking the texture of your skin.